funky keyboard

so my wonderful Dell pc that you helped me build is now having issues where the keyboard will lag and not type. I have Webroot installed (with your wonderful advice) I just ran a glarys scan and it fixed everything, BUT the problem is that if I have my pc on for a little bit, say a couple of hours or whatnot, and am not using it...now my keyboard lags or ceases to be able to type until I shutdown completely. I usually shut down every night I have the computer up and going. An example, I was watching a youtube video and had to pause it for about an hour and I came back and my keyboard no longer worked and I had to shut down completely. I have swapped out keyboards and batteries to the keyboards. I've left a browser up for an hour or two and now when I return the lag is happening. I don't usually even watch the Youtube stuff and now certainly don't leave it paused but this is odd because I've been able to use cs6 for hours or leave it open for hours without any problem at all with the keyboard. 

Any suggestions to trouble shoot this?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I do love my super amazingly wonderful computer just need to be able to use it without constantly restarting

Is this Windows 11 by any chance? Or are you on Windows 10?

Head to Dell's Support Website. Identify your product by putting in the Serial Number or Service Tag ID. See if there are any updates, particularly ones for a BIOS update. It may actually request to do a scan, and I would let it. (Might download a Scanner Tool and ask for you to run it.) Oh, be sure to disable WebRoot for this. Sometimes it gets a little hyper and shoots down this type of software before it installs.

The other easy thing for you to try is getting a USB Keyboard that physically attaches to your computer and see if the problems go away. If it does, it's probably and out of date driver. Oh, the USB ports you should be using are just below the Ethernet Port. Those are typically USB 2.0 ports and are more than enough for a Keyboard / Mouse Dongle. Or is this Keyboard Bluetooth?

Either way, I'd check for Hardware Updates (especially BIOS) for your computer before going crazy.