Monitor Calibration on two screens (not matching)

I have calibrated both of the screens I use to edit on with the Spyder 5 Elite, one screen is a MAC OS X Version 10.9.5 laptop with retina screen and the other is an Acer desktop monitor (Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics). However when I move the image I am working on from screen to screen the colors look different. The Acer is more how I want my images to look (warm) and the MAC screen is slightly more appearing more cyan and when I print the result is a cross between the two. What should I do at this point, I calibrated about 2 weeks ago, should I try to recalibrate? Should both screens look the same after calibration?

Thank you in advance!

Which screen matches your prints?  What you want the screen to look like is irrelevant. :)

And were you following Damien's instructions for calibrating?  The laptop ones for your laptop screen, and the desktop ones for your external monitor. 

http://www.damiensymonds.net/calibration.html

Hi Christina, thanks for your reply! Neither screen matches my prints 100%. I did follow Damien's instructions for calibration on both screens. Should the screens both appear the same in terms of color and brightness or is it normal that the images look different based on the display type/model? Should I try recalibrating at this point?

Thank you!

25 minutes ago, Tcgural said:

Ok great! Based on the screens I am using would you suggest one over the other as my main editing screen?

Generally speaking, external monitors are better for editing than laptop screens, and are easier to calibrate.  I'd wait for Damien if you want input on these specific screens!