Larese

Hi @Damien Symonds, I have now recalibrated twice. but my prints tend to be more with a red tint than what's on the screen? Any ideas on getting it correct? (I moved print labs, so got new prints).

I have a Spider X Pro. I have followed your advice regarding the calibration- I have a 4000k bulb in the room etc. 
My brightness is very much higher than yours as per the spyder it says 120 is my target - I move it down to 100 though. 
I do have this colour option - it's just been set on native this entire time. But wondering if I should maybe jiggle the custom RGB sliders? 

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-25 at 9.02.46 PM.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Hang on ... I just realised you posted on the wrong instructions.  Have you been FOLLOWING the wrong instructions????

You're supposed to be following these instructions: https://www.damiensymonds.net/cal_S5X_pc.html

Yeah sorry - after numerous attempts to get it correct I searched in the forum for other solutions and ended up here and posted here. But I have been following the other instructions

16 hours ago, Larese said:

I do have this colour option - it's just been set on native this entire time. But wondering if I should maybe jiggle the custom RGB sliders?

Yes, that's your next option.  Fiddle with those sliders to get a match if you can, then calibrate again at the "Do not adjust" setting.

21 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

And you're DEAD sure it's not the fault of your room light?

Thinking I need to get a lamp/different light source. As I can't do much in here (rental), we got a 4000k bulb from Bunnings yesterday and it still seems pretty warm in here. 

2 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Yes, that's your next option.  Fiddle with those sliders to get a match if you can, then calibrate again at the "Do not adjust" setting.

will then opt for this. 

and if all else fails! Chucking this freaking monitor out the window! 

Just now, Larese said:

Thinking I need to get a lamp/different light source. As I can't do much in here (rental), we got a 4000k bulb from Bunnings yesterday and it still seems pretty warm in here.

Your artificial light has to be the same colour as natural light.  Does your room have windows?