Wacom or editing tablet

ChristyB

Hi Brian,

I have an old One by Wacom board. I was getting the hang of it and liked it, but my hand was really cramping with the thin pen. I'm "old" with too many years of sitting "improperly" in front of a computer, carpel tunnel, etc. I put it the board aside, but I'd like to find a solution as I liked the flexibility of using the Wacom board.

I remember how we used to buy cheap covers for our pens, which helped. So far I haven't found anything that might work, but I haven't gone to a brick-and-mortar store to if they have anything. I contacted Wacom and they said the only tablets they have that work with the thicker Pro Pen 2 pen are the Intuos Pro tablets. It looks like the starting price is $250.

I know Wacom is probably the best product, but I was wondering if you knew of any competitors that I should consider. Thanks!

I just looked at B&H and they have an Intuos Pro Creative Pen Tablet (small) for $218.

Edited by ChristyB

I was going to recommend the Wacom Intuos Pro line. Unless you really want to go the "Full Monty" and purchase a Cintiq Pro 24 Creative Pen Display, though the $2000 price-tag is a bit of a pill to swallow.

Have you read Damien's Article - Which Graphics Tablet to Buy yet? The trick is choosing the right size for your display.

Amazon has a Cyber Monday sale for the The Wacom Intuos Pro Medium. $240 instead of $380, Prime delivery, and it's returnable (unused of course).
The Wacom board wasn't included in B&H's cyber Monday deals.

I didn't want to spend the $$$ right now, but I couldn't resist this discount. I clicked on Damien's link in the article and bought it. Thanks, Brian!

• Like 1

Thanks. If it wasn't for the thinner pen cramping my hand, I would have waited. Plus I hadn't seen that kind of discount before. Maybe Santa will chip in for part of the purchase :)
If my hand still cramps with the fatter Pro Pen 2, I did see an additional $30 3rd-party ergo cover for the Pro Pen 2 (but not for the thinner pen). Hopefully I won't need it.

• Like 1