My screen is way pinker than my prints

Hi Damien, I've been struggling to calibrate my Macbook Pro. I've tried multiple different white point settings but it's not helping because it appears that its not a warmth issue it's a pink/green issue.

Just to illustrate the problem if I take my photo into ACR and lower the tint by around 30, the image matches my prints. Obviously this is not a solution, just a test.

What on Earth am I doing wrong?

I have a Colormunki Display.

Thanks for getting back to me. I did try on my son's gaming computer and it appeared to be better than my Macbook, but to be honest the light in his room is abysmal so I will try on my husband's laptop tomorrow during the day and get back to you.

• Thanks 1

Ok, I've gone back to default and screen appears cooler and still pinker than my prints, but not as bad.

I have a question which is probably totally ridiculous but if you don't ask, you don't know. 😀

I took a partial screenshot of the white on the Ask Damien page and opened it in Photoshop. It's RGB values indicated perfect white. Is this relevant in any way?

Edited by Teekay

Ok my Datacolour Spyder XPro arrived and I have calibrated my screen. It's much better than it was :) Is it perfect? probably not but I think it's close enough. I hope it's close enough 😙

I'll go ahead an send some photos in the white balance check area. I'm sure you'll let me know if it's waaaay off :)

• Like 1