Months now trying to calibrate my acer monitor

Hello Sir,  I am going crazy trying to calibrate my acer S27HL monitor because i use photoshop and all these years i never had a calibrated monitor hence my `pictures of beloved dogs my kids come out wrong.  I bought the colormunki smile which i didn't know is kindergarden i needed the pro 1 but do not have the funds.. I have spent many many hours on here messing with calibration programs trying to get the right icc profile
colormunki does give me a warmer color and both my user and osd settings are on user   my biggest problem is i do not know what brightness and contrast to put it on   everyone says its personal choice yes i know but not when it comes to photoshop  cause too bright i make them darker etc.   the question I had is if i email you the specs on here can you please give me your expert opinion on how to get the right brightness and contrast settings and maybe you have an icc profile for this.  i found a site at 400am last night it assessed this monitor and calibrated it with the pro version and gave me an icc profile  however when i installed it it had a pinkish color border  and i checked the gamma red blue and green which i was told should be 2.20 and they were off the charts so i am going crazy for months   i found a program listgamma and you click on it and it gives you the gamma.  and the only way to change the gamma is to go into the nvidia settings and they said not to   so i so lost.  can you help  thank you for your time and consideration

i tried on your site to move the rgb to 50 under user settings  but it was way dark

christopher mount   908 907 8791

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

S271HL Dbid UM.HS1AA.D01
Technical Information
Number of Screens    1
Screen Size    27"
Screen Mode    Full HD
Response Time    6 ms
Aspect Ratio    16:9
Horizontal Viewing Angle    178°
Vertical Viewing Angle    178°
Backlight Technology    LED
Adjustable Display Angle    Yes
Adjustable Display Height    No
Adjustable Display Pivot    No
Video
Maximum Resolution    1920 x 1080
Standard Refresh Rate    60 Hz
Color Supported    16.7 Million Colors
Contrast Ratio    100,000,000:1
Brightness    300 Nit
Interfaces/Ports
DVI    Yes
HDMI    Yes
VGA    Yes
Power Description
Input Voltage    110 V AC
220 V AC
Operating Power Consumption    25.80 W
Standby Power Consumption    490 mW
Off-Mode Power Consumption    360 mW
Physical Characteristics
Color    Black
Height    5.2"
Weight (Approximate)    19 lb
Miscellaneous
Package Contents    
S271HL Widescreen LCD Monitor
Power Cord
1 x VGA Cable
1 x DVI Cable
1 x HDMI Cable
Green Compliance Certificate/Authority    ENERGY STAR
MPR II

monitor comp specs.jpg

hey pal it is on the srgb 2.18b   got fed up and downloaded that display profile programmer pick from the list and picked  s27hl_d65.icm(*)   brightness is 70  contrast is 56 user user mode both

and under osd user  the red blue green is all jacked up to 100

i attached the list gamma program i downloaded it says the gammas are way off too   grrr  so frustrating pal

listgamma program gamma settings.png

22 hours ago, chris192 said:

i found a program listgamma and you click on it and it gives you the gamma.  and the only way to change the gamma is to go into the nvidia settings and they said not to

Yes, it's vitally important that you don't do this.

I haven't written instructions for the Smile, but the first part is the same as "Part 1" of these instructions.  That is, you have to manually match the brightness, and choose the best available colour setting, before you begin the calibration.

• Like 1