Metadata on files

acomb9709

I am sorting all pictures and have noticed that the metadata shows time created 2014 on all new or jpeg images, it used to show date and time picture taken, can I change a setting to sort this?  Thanks for help

I’d check your camera first. How old is it? The reason I ask is that a lot of electronics have a little battery inside them that keep the time and date, and after 3-5 years, these batteries wear out. When that happens, the computer or camera or whatever will go back to a default date and time. I've seen 2000, or 1980 or 2007 as some default date examples

How do you fix this? Send the body in for repair. 

Of course, I could be wrong, but I want you to check it. Check the date and time, set it correctly. Then pull the battery and let it sit, start with 30 min or so and check the date/time. Then do this process overnight. If the date goes back to 2014, after you set it to 2023, then you found your problem. 

So what do you do if you find your camera is the culprit?

1. Send your camera in for repair. The Complaint should be, "Does not hold date and time." Also have them clean it while it's in for service.

(If you don't want to send it in for service.)

2. Check the Date and Time each time you power it on.
  3. Set the Date & Time each and every time you swap batteries.

The picture are from my d810 which I sold last year.  The files were in a folder on my iMac late 2013 which I have replaced .  So when I transferred folders to hard drive in year order I know the pictures were last year 2022 but the date created shows 2014.  Hope this makes sense 

How about trying this program to see if the Metadata is completely intact. ExifTool Reader for Mac. As far as your Mac is concerned, 2014 is when the file was created and it's not picking up on anything from the camera. I have seen people complain about this issue for years, it seems Spotlight isn't reading the contents of the external drive. There really isn't a "fix." I'm hoping some sort of software can read the Exif Data, otherwise you are kinda SOL. :/