need to update firmware on Godox X-pro N trigger and AD200 strobe

Brink101112

I am running Windows 10 and the Godox website has a firmware update. I have no idea how to do this as apparently I need a .dfu reader. I'm super leery of downloading anything onto my computer (which you designed for me BTW) just wondering if there is a good one out there that you recommend? Apparently, I will also need a zip reader. I think my computer has that already, but maybe not. 

I know it sounds crazy (but heck I'm not super computer literate and not trusting of just any site) the Dell tech told me that they couldn't help because it is a 3rd party software. I'm watching videos and even the Godox site that I'm on doesn't resemble the one that they have in the vids so I'm leery. 

I understand if this is outside the scope of the platform if you don't have one to recommend, I'll keep looking. But heck you hooked me up with Webroot and that's amazing. 

Thanks Robbie 

One more thing apparently I don't have the proper USB c cord to get the firmware from the pc to the wonderful (yes I edited this by this time) trigger. I'm not sure what it is called but it looks like I need a data cord like this, not just a charging cord. What would I ask for at BestBuy?

usb cord.jpg

5 minutes ago, Brink101112 said:

One more thing apparently I don't have the proper USB c cord to get the firmware from the pc to the wonderful (yes I edited this by this time) trigger. I'm not sure what it is called but it looks like I need a data cord like this, not just a charging cord. What would I ask for at BestBuy?

usb cord.jpg

I think I found a cord but it might not be correct. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-4-usb-c-to-usb-a-charge-and-sync-cable-charcoal/6410815.p?skuId=6410815 It's a charge and sync cord. Not sure if that is the same as the data cord. The one I have is just a charging cord for a small hand massager, so pretty sure it's not a syncing type of cord. 

To read those .dfu files, you probably need to download the Godox Firmware Launcher Program provided by Godox. They aren't files like a "Zip" file, and you do not use a generic program! I don't own any Godox products, so I'm kinda at a loss. I can tell you, that you need to download the correct Launcher based on what Generation your Godox is. (There should be some sort of label on the device indicating which Generation it is.) Use the USB-C to USB-A Cable, have the Launcher Program detect the device, then select the correct .dfu file, and push the update down to what you are trying to flash.