Converting to RGB

Hi guys!

I'm familiar with converting files to SRGB (from my bad old days)... However I'm now being asked to submit an image in Adobe RGB only. Before I convert the profile are there any issues I should be aware of? Any bizarre clipping or colour changes? 

Cheers...

I wouldn't normally do this, change a JPEG  from SRGB to RGB however this  Juried photo contest requires it.   I did check for previous answers, but only found a long explanation on  questioning why would you want to do that.     Can you help me with it I have a dead line of the 17th. 

@mrscranker, I'm merging your thread in with this one, as it should have been in this subforum and it's very in line with the question Sam was asking.

(Did the merge at exactly the same time as Damien answered Sam's question -- was hoping to get this done before he responded, so sorry about any confusion!)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mrscranker said:

I wouldn't normally do this, change a JPEG  from SRGB to RGB however this  Juried photo contest requires it.   I did check for previous answers, but only found a long explanation on  questioning why would you want to do that.     Can you help me with it I have a dead line of the 17th. 

It's fine, you won't do any damage to your photo.

Just now, mrscranker said:

Awesome I finally got here.... very cool site ..  my question is how do I do this ... change the JPEG to RGB color space so it show in the detail info ... ??

It's possible that we're confusing two different issues here.  May I have a link to the EXACT requirements you've been asked to follow?  Or if there's not a link, copy and paste them here?

Because if they truly just have asked for "RGB", then you're already in RGB.  Info

It is ridiculous, and strangely, to get accepted by the AIPP, my submitting portfolio had to be in sRGB!

No confusion at all! This is the cleanest site Ive seen.

Its like someone went into Damien's messy room and cleaned it all up! Its so organised now.

I can't even imagine how much work this must have taken!

• Like 2