Graphics Processor Error

Would love some help please 

Hi I've got the "Dreaded" Graphics processor acceleration error for the first time.
I'm using a Dell Gaming Laptop (inspiron 15 7000) that's about 4yrs old. The fans have been working overtime the last few months so not sure if that's been a sign (I'm not computer savvy at all!) 

I have read the articles on Today's Modern Photoshop and also Buying a windows computer in 2023
Both fantastic thank you 

I have tried to follow the video link to see which graphics processor it's using and I have 2 options. The Intel graphics 630 or the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti but I have no option to open the Nvidia Control Panel it's nowhere to be found and if I try download the app from Microsoft it says it's not compatible with the Nvidia driver installed. 

I'm assuming this one is no good anyway as the specs online say it's only 4 gig ? 

I've started browsing online for new a new pc.... I'm a bit limited on places I can purchase as ill have to put it on interest free finance for now but saw one that seemed to fit the recommended specs you have mentioned. I'll add the specs to the comments.

Thinking I may need a new computer 😞🥺🥴
Any help is very much appreciated.

20240617_171834.jpg

If I'm stuck buying a new pc (don't want a laptop this time! I use an external monitor anyway as the laptop one is too small. My computer is only used for photoshop and internet not actually gaming. 

This one is available at the place I can go.

Would love some thoughts on if it would be suitable?

20240618_111252.jpg

4 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

I'm not Brian, so we'll wait for his wisdom, but I can tell you that my desktop has that 4070 graphics card, and it's awesome!

Awesome to know !!!! It's all a bit over my head but trying to understand it all...

Thanks for directing me to this part of the forum too need all the help I can get lol appreciate it!

Or the standard Lenovo T5 version (not super?) This one is available in store now the other would need delivering..... 

Screenshot_20240618-150457_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kel83 said:

The fans have been working overtime the last few months so not sure if that's been a sign

Yep. The sign that makes your wallet stress out. :) 

23 hours ago, Kel83 said:

The Intel graphics 630 or the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Chances are, the Intel Graphics 630 is being used because it's under-powered, thereby saving battery life. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti is also under-powered. Basically, both video cards can no longer keep up with the current versions of Photoshop. So you are damned either way. Each and every update that gets pushed out, even though you aren't going from PS 24 to PS 25, the simple act of upgrading PS 24.xx.x to 24.yy.y is what is doing it.

Bottom Line: Time for a new computer, or you are downgrading to at least PS CC 22 if Adobe will let you. Hell, you might even have to go back further.

Edit: The Non-Super Lenovo is FINE. You aren't playing video games and need that extra 2 frames per second, or whatever.

• Like 1

Brian thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I think I'll go with the Non Super one. Hopefully this will do me longer than the laptop did 🤦‍♀️ and if anything needs upgrading I can do it without replacing everything 

AAppreciate the advice 

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 11:17 AM, Brian said:

Yep. The sign that makes your wallet stress out. :) 

Chances are, the Intel Graphics 630 is being used because it's under-powered, thereby saving battery life. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti is also under-powered. Basically, both video cards can no longer keep up with the current versions of Photoshop. So you are damned either way. Each and every update that gets pushed out, even though you aren't going from PS 24 to PS 25, the simple act of upgrading PS 24.xx.x to 24.yy.y is what is doing it.

Bottom Line: Time for a new computer, or you are downgrading to at least PS CC 22 if Adobe will let you. Hell, you might even have to go back further.

Edit: The Non-Super Lenovo is FINE. You aren't playing video games and need that extra 2 frames per second, or whatever.

Hi Brian after mid year sales here mate this unavailable within minutes of me purchasing it 😞 I found a computer store in the next town that builds PC's they have a good reputation and a 3yr warranty so will be the same specs as the one above 

I currently have a fairly dodgy monitor so think I'm going to upgrade that too.

I know I need IPS but is there other things to look for or avoid ? 

Including brands

Appreciate any advice thank you !!

We usually start with the Dell UltraSharp IPS Displays. You are looking for:

1. IPS Display Panel
  2. Matte or Matte Coating (Non Glossy) Screen
  3. sRGB Rating of 95% or better.
  4. A HDMI or DisplayPort for your connection.
  5. Resolution is important. Do NOT purchase a 27" Display that has 1920 x 1080 Resolution. This isn't a TV, it's a Display for editing photos. Those models look like ass.
  6. Many Displays have a Ambient Light Sensor Technology, which WILL NEED TO BE DISABLED; you want a steady and consistent Monitor, especially if you are calibrated.
  7. A 4K Display is also fine, but honestly? Overkill. I like a 27" IPS Display with a 2560 x 1440 Resolution. Such as this model.

Here is a screenshot of the specs of that display. You are looking for something like this:

ScreenShot2024-06-24at5_16_17PM.thumb.png.1ad7ce2463d10d4accceba11ec93fd97.png