Sorry. Your notifications went to my junk mail. I’ve always had MipPro color correct my photos. I’ve never tried to get them to match. I’ve signed up with one of the ones on your list. White House Color. 

20 hours ago, Lcrutledge said:

Sorry. Your notifications went to my junk mail. I’ve always had MipPro color correct my photos. I’ve never tried to get them to match. I’ve signed up with one of the ones on your list. White House Color. 

Have you received prints from them yet?

I read this. As far as lighting, I bought the closest to what you recommended. However, the 4000k seems warm. I use daylight bulbs throughout my house so it’s for sure warmer than  that. The range from cool to warm shows 4000k on the warmer side- not in the middle. Is that ok?  I’m looking at black out curtains for the one window I have in this room. 

image.jpg

If the rest of your house is Daylight bulbs, then it would be a great idea to use them in your editing space as well.  Consistency is good.

1 hour ago, Lcrutledge said:

I just ordered 3 prints- one is black and white. I will get them in 2 days. 

Three isn't really enough :(

Ok. I got about 10 pictures and compared them to my computer (laptop). They are actually very similar. I think my computer is brighter (some of the real bright white areas-almost white outs- are not as bright on the photo.) Some of the greens look brighter on the screen and makes the green look a little different. Some of the blue greens also appear that way, but I'm pretty sure it's the brightness. So, now what? Do I make my screen dark enough to where it matches the phots? What is it's not JUST the brightness that is wrong?

I'll try to respond to you tonight. I've had a weekend of house renovations, and I'm pooped. If not, I'll be reading them and will get back to you tomorrow. THANKS!

I lowered the brightness on my computer until it matched my prints. I didn't do a full calibration afterwards, on a recalibration. It said that my target brightness was not the same and that it was going to change it to the lower brightness in the calibration. Will that work or do I need to do a full calibration?  I think I'm good to continue on with the RAW class after this.