When I try to open a CR2 file it gives me this error message and when I click on the link on the right it takes me to this page. I use Creative Cloud. I went there and it appears that I have the most up to date version. Do I really need to unistall it and revert to an older version of photoshop??

image.thumb.png.8c5e792e79e8297b45956d3505090b2d.pngimage.thumb.png.734feff439da2dca3af7722733042b85.png

2 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

How did you open it, exactly?  Double-click in Bridge?  Or another way?

OK. I tried to start in Bridge but when I went from Bridge to Photoshop it gave me the same error message. 

Ok. This time I opened in Bridge, then ACR and THEN photoshop. That worked. Do I always have to go that route? 

3 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

How did you open it, exactly?  Double-click in Bridge?  Or another way?

Yes. Your instructions were to go to photoshop and open a raw file. That didn’t work so I asked for help. That’s when I tried to the Bridge to camera Raw to photoshop. 
im not sure I understand your comment. Did I go through the process correctly?

10 hours ago, Lcrutledge said:

OK. I tried to start in Bridge but when I went from Bridge to Photoshop it gave me the same error message. 

It is literally impossible for a raw file to go straight from Bridge to Photoshop.  It HAS to go through Camera Raw.

That's why I asked:

8 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Didn't you say it was a raw file?

10 hours ago, Lcrutledge said:

Yes. Your instructions were to go to photoshop and open a raw file. That didn’t work so I asked for help.

It definitely should work.  Can you try it again?

In Photoshop, go to File>Open.  Choose a raw file.  It should pop up in Camera Raw.