calibrated

hello I just calibrate my screen this time I  follow  Damien's instructions  when i calibrated before selected the advanced options so, the colorminki measure the my room light so, this time i unchecked those two boxes, and them the step to set the brightiness i press my monitor bottoms and i lower the brightness until i got the green check and my sceem got very low compare to how it was.. so i had some prints from last month and they pretty match because before my screen  was to bright so, now my problem is that it looks little soft i think is the contrast or sharpening any suggestions? and my other question is if do i have to keep the color munki plug in all the time? thanks so much for any help!

2 hours ago, Nilda lemus said:

i had some prints from last month and they pretty match because before my screen  was to bright

This is great news!

now my problem is that it looks little soft i think is the contrast or sharpening any suggestions?

Do you mean the screen looks softer than the prints?

my other question is if do i have to keep the color munki plug in all the time?

No, definitely not.  Unplug it and keep it safely in a cupboard until next month.

thanks for reply and yes it looks little softer then prints but not that much but it looks very soft for all the photos i have saved i just finish a gallery yesterday and after calibrate all looks very very soft like the skin is off and the blacks so i have to re-edit all and give more contrast and clarity and little saturation

I think you are right :) but one more question if I set the sharpness little high than the 50 that is now will that affect everything?  If I do should I calibrate again cuz before the skin was like off for me in my prints and my prints were dark but because my screen was to bright now both looks..almost same we.. I don't know :/ only think I know I have to take a edit class with you :) thanks for all your help 

Hi Damien when are the RAW classes going to star?  

Did you sign up for the waitlist?  The current wait time is about 2 months from the time you sign up.

Once you're in, you have full access to the curriculum and to 1:1 mentoring from Damien for 12 months.  There's no "start time" -- it's continuous. :)

• Like 1

Yes i sign up so, i have to wait about 2 months? I want to take all clasess but i going to star with the RAW should i sign up for all and them when i finish one maybe i dont need to wait to long for the next one?Damien when are the RAW classes going to star?  

Nilda, the Raw class is ongoing, in perpetuity, forever and ever.  It is, however, the only class with a waitlist.  So if you've signed up recently, it will likely take about 2 months for a spot to open up in the class for you.

While you're waiting, you can take the Layers & Masks class, for a foundational class on Photoshop.

You can also feel free to apply to see if you can get into the Levels class, but you have to demonstrate good and consistent raw processing before you'll get accepted.

Like I said, though, Raw is the only one with a waitlist, so you don't have to worry about waiting to get into the others.