Hat removal

Manna94

Hi Damien,

My dad passed away last week and he hated his photo being taken, this photo is the best one I have of him but he is wearing my daughters hat? I would like to use this photo for the funeral books etc but don't want him to look silly. What is easier to remove the hat or will changing the color improve it? I am not thinking straight right now and would love some assistance please

dads photo hat.jpg

I thought this would be the case, easiest way to change colour?

If I had another photo with the top of his head could that replace or its just not going to work?

Thanks for your help

Edited by Manna94

1 hour ago, Manna94 said:

I thought this would be the case, easiest way to change colour?

What colour would you like?  It would need to be another light colour.

1 hour ago, Manna94 said:

If I had another photo with the top of his head could that replace or its just not going to work?

This would be ideal if we could pull it off, but we'd have to be EXTRAORDINARY lucky to find another photo at exactly the correct angle, lighting, depth of field, size, etc.

I don't really care what color even it was all just the light sand colour rather than green with the pink line through it?

Sorry have been out all day will look through photos I doubt I would be that lucky as you said

9 hours ago, Manna94 said:

This is the only photo I could find without my daughters hat on

Alas, the angle won't work :(

10 hours ago, Manna94 said:

I don't really care what color even it was all just the light sand colour rather than green with the pink line through it?

Yep, that's what I was thinking too.  And it's easy enough.  Just sample the sand colour with your eyedropper tool, then add a Solid Color layer of that colour, and set it to "Color" blend mode; then mask on carefully.