Harsh Light Fix

NickP

I had posted a question on FB-Lightroom & Photoshop regarding several images I had taken as a favor to a friend and the results having a harsh glare and a fix.  A member here suggested that I ask the same question here.  The image is the jpg however I do have PS and LR and the image in need is in RAW.  I have reviewed multiple vids but am at a impasse for now.  Any and all help is appreciated.

Nick

1K4A8233.jpg

No sir, I don't have any facial representations that would properly exchange with the present condition/issue.  Sorry about the delay in answering - power outage in the mountains.

Glad you like it!

It was a mix of Channel Mixer, Levels, and a few other things.

So, can you go ahead and process your raw file as normal  (without any highlight clipping in his face, this is really important), then post your photo again, and a close crop similar to mine.  Then I'll see what I can do.

I'm confused.  You want me to send you another copy of the file?  All they wanted was to reduce the glare and they will be happy but if you need another file sent I can.

Let me do this real simple like - I previously mentioned I had no idea of what you wanted me to do yet you came back with another question.  All I use is Light Room to do very minor adjustments.  My knowledge of it is minimal.  I can google with the very best of them but have little patience to do so when I don't really know what I'm looking for.  So, with that said and if I haven't run ya off, in English and terminology I can understand one last time.

2 hours ago, NickP said:

Let me do this real simple like - I previously mentioned I had no idea of what you wanted me to do yet you came back with another question.  All I use is Light Room to do very minor adjustments.  My knowledge of it is minimal.  I can google with the very best of them but have little patience to do so when I don't really know what I'm looking for.  So, with that said and if I haven't run ya off, in English and terminology I can understand one last time.

Do follow the two steps Damien just gave you.  But just so you know -- he gave you a link above ("To start, do this"), and that hyperlinked "this" gives you an incredibly detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to fix your color space.