Photoshop brush banding/posterization

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

Did you view it in your browser, AND download it and open it in Photoshop?

Oh god duh! No I didn't, and opening it in photoshop shows the same problem, it's a much smoother gradient than anything I have been able to create so far, but it's still apparent when opening that image of yours in photoshop

On 30/11/2016 at 8:08 AM, Damien Symonds said:

Can you try something for me quickly?  Go to Edit>Assign Profile, and assign your monitor profile to the image.  Does that make it look worse, better, or no change?

On 30/11/2016 at 8:25 AM, BySqueesh said:

Really? That's interesting! How do I know what my monitor profile is? (Sorry I'm not the most techy person) in the Assign Profile I get 3 options:

Don't Color Manage This Document

Working RGB: sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Profile: With a very large drop down list

Did you ever do this?  From the very large drop-down list, choose your monitor profile.  (Whatever name you gave it when you just calibrated with the Spyder.)

Strange, I had replied to these comments but it obviously never went through (I wondered why the thread was so quiet hah!)

On 04/12/2016 at 8:18 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Did you ever do this?  From the very large drop-down list, choose your monitor profile.  (Whatever name you gave it when you just calibrated with the Spyder.)

I did and it didn't change anything.

On 05/12/2016 at 10:53 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Also, which web browser do you use?

I use Google Chrome

I'm still struggling to find a fix. I've just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the problem is still very apparent.

Literally out of ideas to fix this.

10 minutes ago, BySqueesh said:

I did and it didn't change anything.

What?  Absolutely no change at all?????  That's ... well, it's impossible.

10 minutes ago, BySqueesh said:

I use Google Chrome

Well crap, that's not helping.  If you don't have Firefox installed, install it now.  Then make sure it's set up like this.

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

What?  Absolutely no change at all?????  That's ... well, it's impossible.

Well crap, that's not helping.  If you don't have Firefox installed, install it now.  Then make sure it's set up like this.

Nope, no change at all setting photoshop to the same monitor profile (not with the banding/posterization issue, didn't check any colour differences out)

Got firefox and set up as your guide suggests.