Monitor hooked up to laptop.

I hope this isn't a dumb question but I can't seem to figure it out. I have a lenovo laptop and have hooked up a mac monitor to it. I have calibrated the laptop monitor but how do I do the same with the mac monitor? I can't figure out how to set it up so the software knows I'm calibrating on a different monitor.  I have the i1 Display pro. 

thanks. 

You literally drag the calibration software window over onto your external monitor. :)  I think you may need to set up the monitor to be a dual display (an extension of your laptop monitor, not a mirror of it) for this to work, but just dragging it over and then placing your calibrator on the external monitor screen should do it.

I figured it out as soon as I posted this, hehe. The first time I tried the software wasn't picking up the second monitor so I restated it.  Now it is. thanks! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lora said:

I have the i1 Display pro. 

Can you update your profile information?  :)

4 hours ago, Lora said:

any idea why my mac display looks like this? the whole middle is pink 

12773386_10208556377011120_1126067468_o.jpg

This is really weird.  Is it exactly in the middle?  I mean, exactly the same width border around each edge?

There is a border around the whole edge but it is uneven in  some parts. My husband thinks it might have something to do with the screen saver I used to use. I guess it happens a lot with Mac monitors, where the color from the screen saver bleeds though. Like the pixels get used to being a certain color and will stay that way. I am currently running some program he got that often fixes this.  I just have a white screen up and I'm suppose to leave it on until the pink disappears. Hopefully it will work 

Sure thing :) So far its not working so well. Its a really old monitor, so not that big of a deal. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to speak with me. 

This is the program I'm using in case you come across something like this again and need to use it.  http://www.jscreenfix.com/

Edited by Lora