brighten teeth and eyes in backlight

diamante67

Do you have any suggestions on how to go about brightening teeth and eyes in this photo? on one side it seems that anything I would normally do would look unnatural because of the light conditions, yet I worry that the eyes and teeth need to be a little clearer...

LCS_9726-Edit-crop.jpg

And, also, any tips on the sunflare, especially close to mom's hand? I figure I should use the channel mixer but I am not sure what numbers to use... both the red channel and the green channel are affected.

I know, right? This is the whole thing, and how I was thinking of cropping... I think I partly made it worse by darkening the background too much - so this is my new attempt with a little less darkening of the background, and a slight whitening of the teeth...

LCS_9726-Edit.jpg

LCS_9726-Edit_5x7.jpg

6 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

May I see a closer crop of it?

I trust you've seen this?

I did, and it is on my mind. I don't think I qualify, because of the numbers of posts required? I have been so inactive when it comes to photography and editing... let me know if I am wrong...

I will try cloning. As for forgetting... it is very possible! But I am also exhibit A for your statement that people get overly concerned with plasticity. I did avoid sharpening, though; at least I can credit for that ;) will try to be more aggressive with the noise removal.