Picky portrait edit help

Foques

It won't affect the actual editing in this case, but it does present a probably when sharing your images online. Images in AdobeRGB can appear green/grey when viewed online. And it would really suck to do all the hard work on this, just to find out the profile was wrong and that you would have to start over etc. 

I'm really puzzled why it saved as AdobeRGB though! I don't have a Mac so I don't know what window that shortcut opens. Can you take a screenshot of that? I just want to make sure we aren't overlooking anything.

1 hour ago, Samantha LaRue said:

It won't affect the actual editing in this case, but it does present a probably when sharing your images online. Images in AdobeRGB can appear green/grey when viewed online. And it would really suck to do all the hard work on this, just to find out the profile was wrong and that you would have to start over etc. 

I'm really puzzled why it saved as AdobeRGB though! I don't have a Mac so I don't know what window that shortcut opens. Can you take a screenshot of that? I just want to make sure we aren't overlooking anything.

Cmd+shift+S is just the "Save as" dialog box.  @Foques, make sure the "Embed Color Profile" checkbox at the bottom of that screen is always checked!

• Like 1

I think I know why.

I had to do the prior crops while traveling, and using work computer.

The last upload I did from my own processing station.  I wonder if the other software I used did not code the file right.

2 hours ago, Samantha LaRue said:

thank you very much for explaining the concern. I really appreciate it.

I just remoted into my work workstation (oh look, a pun!), and sure enough the one I used to crop things did use Adobe RGB.

3 hours ago, Foques said:

I think I know why.

I had to do the prior crops while traveling, and using work computer.

The last upload I did from my own processing station.  I wonder if the other software I used did not code the file right.

Yep, that would make a difference. It's the raw processor (ACR) that sets the color space. So if your work computer was not set to sRGB that would change how it processes your file. :)