Mac 27 inch spyder4. monster too red

I have prints from both millers and WHCC both are basically the same, which is good, but I have followed your instructions multiple times and my monitor still looks way red compared to my prints. and when I try to match my brightness i have to put it down in the 30s :( I uploaded the picture I am trying to match. in the prints the blanket looks a chocolate brown, which it is, but my monitor it looks more red ( which I did edit the blanket to have a slight red tint to it, but its not reflected in the prints. I gave up last night about midnight and went to bed haha. I turned off the lights like you said while I was calibrating so the only light in the room was the computer screen. I do need to change the light in my room as its too warm and I probably need a little more light on in the room while I edit. It's a desktop so i always edit in the same spot at least :)  Any advice would be appreciated

Crow4.jpg

4 hours ago, Tkdgurl16 said:

I have prints from both millers and WHCC both are basically the same, which is good

Do you mean you have this exact photo printed at both labs?

4 hours ago, Tkdgurl16 said:

when I try to match my brightness i have to put it down in the 30s :(

No sad face here.  This is perfectly normal.  Some people have to put their brightness all the way down to 0.

oh and I did download WHCC's soft proofing and put that into my photoshop already. I read your page on calibration last night for my spyder and followed that, but I have yet to try it again, though I'm guessing you will tell me to do that next. .. hopefully I got the settings right for my iMac. its a 27 inch iMac and about 2 years old. 

Edited by Tkdgurl16