Layers/Adjustment Panel dissapeared

I have a PC laptop running Windows 10 and Elements 13. It is over 2 years old, and has 8.00GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 106GB free out of 218GB. The last time I shut down was last night. I run a cleanup program about once a month.

Help save my sanity...please! I just updated to Windows 10 about 2 montha ago. Since then I've been sick and not shooting or editing photos much. I have noticed in the last couple weeks, that every time I shut down Elements I loose my layers & adjustments panel on the right side that I learned how to customize from Damien in either the Layers & Masks class or the Levels class. I can put it back, but it is annoying to have to do it every single time. I never had to do that with Windows 7. Once I set it the way I wanted, it was always that way. I tried looking in the preferences tab and can not see anything that would help. Am I missing a setting somewhere? TIA!!!

Thanks Damien.... sorry... I did not see this till tonight when I got the email about the RAW class. How do I turn on notifications for when someone replies to my question?

On 2/26/2016 at 9:31 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Alas, I don't know of an easy way, sorry.  It might be necessary to entirely reset PSE's preferences.  To do so, simply hold down Ctrl Alt Shift as you launch it.

I tried as suggested and the layers & adjustments panels on the right disappeared again after shutting down. It asked if I wanted to delete the preferences file and I clicked ok. I reset my pannels, my cursors, etc, and it is still doing it. Any other suggestions?

OK... this is not my day.... It is fine right now. It opened as it should. When I opened it this morning after downloading some RAWs, the panel was missing and it was back on "guided" instead of "expert". 12 hours later it decides to behave....omg.... ***palm to face***