Unable to rename folders in Bridge

I never used to have the big date across the folder, they used to look like they do at the bottom of the filmstrip screen. Also when I right click on a folder I used to be able to rename the folder but don't have that option now? Yes I can still click and access the pics inside them?

I have a PC laptop running Windows  and Photoshop CS5. It is over 2 years old, and has 4.0GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 184GB free out of 453GB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I run a cleanup program about once a week.

I guess you're aware that 4GB is very low.  Still, it shouldn't be causing this.

The weird thing is that there shouldn't be only one folder showing in the Content panel.  There should be a whole lot of them, the same as there are in Filmstrip mode. Have you since switched back to Essentials to see if it's still like that?

Hmm yes a new computer is on the list, hoping it can hang out till later in the year! I had the thumbnail slider to max for that screenshot, others do appear in the contents if I move the slider to the left. Yes its still the same if i switch back to Essentials - should I try resetting workspace? I can handle the different look of the folders its not being able to rename them - is there another way I can do that? I must've done something really stupid lol!