Weird pixelation/blending

Angela

I had to flatten the image to upload but if you look at the dark lower portions of the image I cannot tell what the eeeeef is going on with the pixels on wood! I had a black mask overlay and when I brushed on the black it creates the distortion in the detail of the wood planks. Please help!

_DSC0830.jpg

My layers are a mess. I've been trying everything to try to get rid of it.  I thought layering the wood would help the retrieve and of the pixelation/information back. Clearly it didn't. This is an older version, and I see a lot of green in the wood (I had to consolidate some layers to keep working on the image I sent - please don't yell at me).

The soor isn't the same. They have a terrible orange wood floor so I had to grab the wood texture from google. Am I in trouble?

And thank you for the compliment by the way.

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm trying to upload the original but it's too big...even as a jpeg. I'm assuming you don't want me to manipulate it and reduce the image size do you?

1 minute ago, Angela said:

I'm trying to upload the original but it's too big...even as a jpeg. I'm assuming you don't want me to manipulate it and reduce the image size do you?

Oh yeah, reduce it to a web sized jpeg as you normally would.

I've been searching since I replied and like I said it's been while since I downloaded - I still can't find the original site. I'll keep digging. That actually make me question the texture itself but I experimented with this one too and it did the same thing: http://www.discovertextures.com/2015/12/17/seamless-walnut-natur-wood-texture/

Anyway I'll keep digging for the wood link but the original image is attached.  

_DSC0830.jpg

I can tomorrow. You don't see it? So. Weird. It just started on that wedding dress image. 

If it is my screen does that mean I have to go shopping or it is a setting you think?

Thank you for your time.

I"m on another screen and it's not there!!! What the?!?!?!  Would you happen to know how to fix my screen (I know this is a photoshop forum, but I thought I'd take my chances)?