PS ran an update today and I am having a terrible time moving around PS. I have to click on file at least 10 times to get it to open up the drop down menu to even open up a file. My crop tool keeps jumping around. When I go to free transform anything, it keeps flipping my image instead of letting me drag the corners in. These are just a few things I noticed within a few minutes of trying to edit after the update. I have restarted PS and my computer and I'm still having problems. Any suggestions? Is this a known problem with the latest update?

I followed the instructions in your first link and Its still acting the same way.

I have a PC desktop running Windows 10 and Photoshop cc. It is over 2 years old, and has 8GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 1.06GB free out of 1.35TB. The last time I shut down was just before posting this thread. I have never run a cleanup program.

Just now, Damien Symonds said:

Out of interest, after you run it, can you take a screenshot showing the results? I mean, how much space it clears?

I sure will. Thank you.

The reason why it's so full:

Windows 10. 

You see, Microsoft is going to stay at "Windows 10" for quite some time. There won't be a Windows 11 or 12. There is Windows 10 - Anniversary Edition, plus a few editions in between and the next one will be Windows 10 - Creators Edition, which will be released in a few weeks. 

Basically, without getting too geeky, these major updates re-install the whole friggin' Windows and put your old version in a Windows.old directory on the HD. Combine that with the other update patches and system recovery points, AND your Windows Swap File (pagefile.sys) and Adobe Scratch Disk and you can run out of room pretty quickly. Especially if you are the type to "next-next-next...ok.nextnextnext...ok...finish" when installing stuff. It's getting to the point where people either need to have 4TB C Drives or must learn to pay attention. The days of, "I don't know nothin' about computers" needs to come to an end. 

If you don't want to install any software, you can right-click on the C Drive and select "Properties." From there you should see a button called Disk Cleanup. Click it and choose all the check boxes and run it. 

Warning: this will delete the backup files for windows updates plus other things, so if you need to uninstall a Windows Update, you won't be able to. If you need to go back to your old version of Windows, you won't be able to. That said, you probably have no need to do this at this point so it really doesn't matter. I'm more concerned about that HD only having a 106GB left. That's not good. At all. 

• Like 2

This has nothing to do with an update to a new computer,  this is basic computer maintenance. It's like not changing your car's oil for 100,000 miles and blaming the engine for failing. :)

This will happen on your new computer as well over time. 

• Like 1

Any resources you can recommend  for learning more on this? I don't want it to happen to my next computer. How do I know what's necessary as far as the updates? 

I'm going to finish editing this session and do it in the next few days. I wanted to back up some files and have this delivered just incase I ran into trouble and made things worse. ;)