Old PC and new camera - RAW

Windows XP is no longer supported and the Raw Codec that works with XP is also not being updated. (So you can view the image files in the Windows Explorer.) 

At this point, I'd start saving up for a Windows 10 machine. Windows 7's days are numbered. I think support for Win 7 ends in 2020. 

Well, her question implied viewing Raw files in the Windows Explorer. With XP, her D750's files won't read.

If she wants to cull files outside of Bridge, she will need Windows 7 at the very least or a program like Bridgestone. But I'm not sure Bridgestone works on XP at this point.

So my remarks stand. She should start putting money aside for a new PC. Does she need it now? No. There are work-arounds. That said, as much as I loved XP, things will start being more difficult as time goes on. I can imagine a future edition of PS not being compatible with Win XP.  Especially if Adobe changes the programming language like they did with the Mac versions. 

14 minutes ago, JulieMG said:

Thank you both. We'll try the update though not expecting it to work given we're dealing with cs5 but the DNG converter will be grand if not. 

The update will work fine if your version of PS supports that camera model. :) 

Use the DNG converter. That will work. After converting the Raw files to Adobe Digital Negative files (aka, DNG,) Bridge will be able to read the files.