Can't get monitor to match prints & monitor question

I have a Dell Ultrasharp Premier Color monitor. It has the options in the color settings to change it to to sRBG, Adobe RGB, then color temp and other presets. 
I have done the reset, changed the color temperature setting to closely match prints then calibrated with my ColorMunki Display,
I had to manually turn my brightness down and then recalibrate as before it was just too bright. I do edit either in the daytime when there is enough light coming in or at night with a fairly bright lamp on. 
I was able to resolve that part. 
I have messed with the color temperature a few times and recalibrated but my issue isn't so much as warmth as the prints seem to fairly match in that aspect. My prints just seem to have a more red tint to them. 
I am wondering with my type of monitor if I should change the color setting to sRGB and then calibrate or if the color temperature should be fine.  If that would make any difference at all. 
Also what can I do as far as my prints having the red tint to them and my monitor does not. 

I will attach a couple of the images I have prints of. I mostly notice the red more so on the skin than anything else. 

Thank you :)

DSC_7694.jpg

DSC_7634a.jpg

DSC_4819a.jpg

DSC_9057.jpg

Edited by megflyawaydaisy

Hi Megan,

Are you mainly noticing this difference in skintones?  Is it evident in other colours as well?

In my experience with these screens, the setting on the screen itself should remain on Standard. Definitely not sRGB, it's too restrictive.

Are you confident about your prints?  Are they from a reputable pro lab?

Yes from looking at the prints, the rest of the image seems to look ok to me. I know it doesn't match perfectly but I am happy with everything else.  As for the skin tones they just seem to have more of a magenta & red tint to them.
The prints I have are from ProDPI. I actually just ordered a few others from Bay Photo as I switched to Shootproof and wanted to have a 2nd option. I should get those in the next few days. 

Yes I can. :)  
Are there any settings I need to check in Photoshop perhaps? I can't remember if I messed with anything when I first got this computer or not.  I don't think I did but I wanted to make sure there wasn't something with the color settings that maybe might have been changed. 

I know looking at images outside of photoshop isn't reliable but clicking on the ones I sent you and looking at the ones on Facebook I am noticing that everything is looking more saturated and almost more closely like my prints. In photoshop my images are looking dull and desaturated. I think I had this problem when I got this monitor(before I got a calibrator) and was messing with settings. eeek

I went ahead and downloaded Firefox because I was using Chrome and couldn't get the color management thing to change.  Although not completely the same, maybe only slight differences it looks a lot better!!! Photoshop seems warmer now, less on Firefox. 
Do people ever go crazy worrying about all of this?  haha

I only notice a very slight difference. Maybe its because it's sharpened once it's resized for Facebook. I am not sure. Its not a big difference though, like if I had to pick out what was different it would be hard to say. I've been sitting here flipping back and forth.

I finally received my prints.  Well I had to contact them so they could reprint and overnight them because the other ones were delayed and still no clue where they are.

Anyways, these prints look pretty darn good. The red tone I was seeing in the other prints seems to not be there at all.

I am pretty happy with how they look!

My only other questions is the brightness part. I do edit with a fairly bright lamp or during the day in natural light.

So should I be too concerned that I had to turn my brightness down further than what the 80 setting allowed?

My prints are to my satisfaction with their brightness so I feel my monitor is just right in that aspect.

7 minutes ago, megflyawaydaisy said:

So should I be too concerned that I had to turn my brightness down further than what the 80 setting allowed?

Well, it indicates that your light isn't perfect, but in the grand scheme of things, it's nowhere near the worst problem to have, is it?  I'd be happy that you have a print match.