Removing the door

SarahLandry

Still working on this..... I used the gradient method and have masked her arm, hair, and dress at 100%. (Practicing using that shift key, I am a little messy with it. For some reason it changes thickness and I am not sure why). I am getting ready to do the veil, but before I start, do you have any suggestions on the opacity of the brush? 

BrideDoorRemoved.jpg

Also, now that I've posted and see the thumbnail (funny how that always works), I can see that there is more work to do up at the top too. I think I selected a little incorrectly when making the gradient layer. 

4 minutes ago, SarahLandry said:

For some reason it changes thickness and I am not sure why)

Gosh, it shouldn't do that.  May I have a screenshot of your whole screen, so I can see your brush settings?

4 minutes ago, SarahLandry said:

do you have any suggestions on the opacity of the brush?

Very low.  10% at the most.

I can't figure out where to go from here. I turned the layer opacity down to 50 so I could see the line of the veil and I traced it (using my mouse and shift) with a 10% brush at size 10 (is that too small?). But now I can't fill it in smoothly. If I use a small brush, it's blotchy and if I use a big brush it goes over the line. Not sure where to go from here....

BrideDoorRemovedSS.jpg