Help to remove an object from image

Bek

Hi, this is an image from a recent session for a finance company. 
I had limited time & space to get this & this was my best spot. Im wanting to remove that unsightly furniture from the right hand side of the image but cant work out how best to do it. What could I try? 

_MG_0226.JPG

Download the PSD

The first layer is self-explanatory - it's the one I used to clone and heal out the line down the left side.  Even though this layer is first in the stack, it's actually the last thing I did.

The second and third layers are this method.

The fourth and fifth layers were to mimic the baseboard from the other side.

The sixth layer is the all-important noise layer which must be used when adding gradients.

The seventh layer is a chunk of carpet from the other photo you gave me, and the eighth layer was to darken that carpet a bit.

• Like 2

Sorry to be a pain, Im a little lost now......Im using PS CC.............do you know where all the tool boxes are at all in there? 

Sorry I should of said, for the gradient to change the angles etc? 

Okay so a couple of questions about using the gradient if thats okay?
Im not sure where to drag my line across the image? 
Once I have done that, which is the best brush to use for erasing the gradient away to retain the wanted part of the image? 

3 hours ago, Bek said:

Sorry to be a pain, Im a little lost now......Im using PS CC.............do you know where all the tool boxes are at all in there? 

Sorry I should of said, for the gradient to change the angles etc? 

I haven't seen the PSD, but I'm guessing Damien used a gradient layer, not the gradient tool. You can find the gradient layer under the new layers button on the bottom of the layers panel.

3 hours ago, Bek said:

Once I have done that, which is the best brush to use for erasing the gradient away to retain the wanted part of the image? 

Are you familiar with layer masks? A big soft brush is all you need. 

Hi :) ...........yeh I have managed to do the gradient & then erase it off the bits I want to maintain, is that correct? 

Okay Im just trying to change the colour profile now. Ive gone into edit/colour settings & changed to Northern American ......... & this is the panel I am seeing which is differnet to the one in the example. Is this all correct though? 

colourchange.png