Help to remove an object from image

Bek

Oh no!! I suck at this stuff! 
Ive added a screen shot of an image I opened to show the colour space its in now. Is that still wrong? 

1.png

18 hours ago, Bek said:

Okay Im just trying to change the colour profile now. Ive gone into edit/colour settings & changed to Northern American ......... & this is the panel I am seeing which is differnet to the one in the example. Is this all correct though? 

colourchange.png

Oh, this is really really really really really bad.  Your image has your monitor's profile.

Oh, phew, I see you've fixed it.

colourchange.png

Is this the correct way & all the settings as they are here, they are how it should be? 

Can I just pay you guys to edit these images for me, LOL ......my head is hurting ;)

Oh yay I got something right finally, lol.........(wish I had your mind with all this)

Okay, so back to the original image of trying to remove the bookshelf out.........should I be using the lasoo tool to outline the subjects that I want left as they are? Which lasoo tool would be best?

okay so from there I go around the people in the image up to & around the exterior of the image & then add the gradents? 

Hi Damien...........okay I have tried it alot but still struggling to work it all out. 

So here is a screen shot of step 1..........which gradient should I be choosing? 

Untitled.png

Hi, I tried that & I still cant quite get it. 
Am I getting this right so far? 
This is where I get stuck, after this second bit. 

Untitled.png

1.png

Sorry to sound dumb but Im stuck on the next part? How do I mask it all now so that it all looks natural the way you made it look?