Great!

So, make sure you have the PSD safely saved.  Then follow these last steps:

1. Select each text layer in turn, and go to Layer>Type>Convert to shape.  This will do exactly as it says - convert from editable text to plain vector shape layers.  This is to abide by their instructions to make sure all text is outlined.
  2. Turn off any guide layers or other guff that came with the template.
  3. Save as a PDF file.
  4. Close it.
  5. Send me the PDF file so I can check it for you.
  • Like 1

Ok, it's better, but not quite safe yet.

The text on the blue block had better, for safety, contain 10% cyan and 3% magenta, so it blends seamlessly with the blue block.

The "GIFT VOUCHER" text still contains all colours.  It needs to be made of K only.

The text at the top is perfect.

Got it, thanks.

Just to check - did you do the text-to-shape thing?  I'm not at my regular computer to check at the moment.

The colour is absolutely perfect now.  Spot on.

However, I have to say that the nerd in me is still troubled by the line spacing.  The spacing in the "Celebrate your relationships" paragraph looks different from the others.  And I think the space is too great between the first line ("This gift voucher ...") and the rest.

Yep  I did do the text to shape thing - I do that last before saving the PDF.

So I've adjusted the paragraph spacing so it is all 4.9 pt - let me know your thoughts once I send the file.  I think I've looked at it so much my eyes have glazed over it.  So bring on the nerd, it's all good!

I also just realised why I have that large gap between the 'bearer' line & the body text, as I was going to hand write in the persons name on the card when I gave it to them.  I've just fixed the text for it make sense.

• Like 1

No, the "Celebrate" paragraph still seems to have different spacing to the others.

11 minutes ago, Samantha_R said:

I also just realised why I have that large gap between the 'bearer' line & the body text, as I was going to hand write in the persons name on the card when I gave it to them.  I've just fixed the text for it make sense.

In that case, I don't think there's enough space!

Have you printed out the design on your own home printer to test writing on it?

I just checked after each sentence & it's telling me 4.9 - or have I got the wrong end of the stick? (which is the most likely story, lets be honest!)

So I moved everything a smidgen to leave more room for hand writing a name in, and sadly my computer kicked its clogs last week (otherwise I would totally have printed this bad boy), and I've yet to do battle to make it print again.

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 1.03.41 pm.png

I was sitting in the movie theatre (Smurfs, don't bother, it's naff) and I had an epiphany.  It's not the leading, it's probably the font size!  Somewhere in that paragraph will be an invisible space with a different font size.

To check, hit Cmd A to select all the text in the box.  Then look at the size field.  If there's a number in the box, I'm wrong.  But if there's a blank space, I'm right.