Monitor way too magenta/red

Hi Damien! I am trying to calibrate a laptop (I know, I know... but it's all I have an all I can afford right now)... it's a MacBook Air from I think maybe 2012?

anyway, I am trying to calibrate and when I compare my test prints to my screen, the screen is MUCH pinker than my prints. I would assume it's a problem with my laptop, but my iMac desktop (that is now so old I don't use it anymore) had this exact same problem. For example, I can edit, but when I post to social media and look at it from my phone or when I make prints through ProDPI, my skin tones consistently look darker and greyer than they did on my computer. Here's an example.

IMG_8016.JPG

IMG_8017.JPG

Hi Jaimie, which calibrator do you have?

1 hour ago, Jaimie.taylor10 said:

IMG_8017.JPG

It's vitally important to ONLY compare your images in Photoshop, or another Adobe program.  You can't trust viewers like Preview to be properly colour-managed.

Yep! I followed them exactly. I ended up thinking maybe my monitor display was too warm and made a profile of 90_d65 and that didn't help. It actually didn't seem to really make any difference... 

i guess I could try the ambient light checkbox this time? It's just that nothing I change makes a noticeable difference...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oatle12eqenzx2j/IMG_2761-Edit.jpg?dl=0

let me know if that link works. I don't have any to show posted to FB or anything because it makes them look so bad and grey. If I want to post, I have to make them almost RED on my computer for them to look kind of normal skin color (not greenish grey) when I post anywhere. I will take a picture of what this same photo looks like on my computer 

Hey again! So I went back to take a picture of my screen to show you the difference between that and the dropbox link I sent you... but there wasn't really a difference anymore... then I looked at my other photos I've edited and they looked much more grey and dull (like they keep looking when I print them or view them from my phone)! So... sadly but thankfully, I think somehow the calibration did work but maybe it just didn't change immediately or something? But it seems to have worked now.

Then again, it's 10:30pm here right now, so I'm viewing my screen in the complete dark... if it didn't fix the problem when I look in the morning, I will be back here to keep asking questions! 

Hooray and not hooray! Now my stuff looks like crap! LOL.

I'm worried I may have gone TOO far... it's almost like the monitor is looking TOO dull compared to my prints which are now looking a little more magenta than the monitor! (This is such a pain!)

is there like a setting in between Native and D65? 

Hey Damien!

So after all of that, the photos now are more red/magenta and warmer in person than on my monitor. My iPhone matches my prints almost exactly, but my computer is now almost too dull...

Any ideas? If I have to just live with it, that's ok. I can adjust my expectations... but if I can get them to match, that would be amazing!