Best Dell 27" monitor

I'm in need of a new monitor and just wondering which is best out of these Dell's?  I have looked at the list you have and all but one of these (I think!) aren't on it.  I'm guessing they aren't for a reason or they are newer models??  Thanks in advance for any guidance. 

image.png

image.png

Here is the current model and seems to be the "Bee's Knees."

Dell UP2716D 27" Widescreen

It's meant to be in dual-monitor setups and is 100% Adobe RGB and sRGB color-spaces. IPS screen too. It also has a built in KVM, so one monitor could be hooked up to two computers.

The Dell 2713H has been discontinued.

• Like 2

The bees knees goes beyond my pot of honey/money ;-)

I can get the u2813h even though it's discontinued for £419. I'm guessing it would be better than the u2715h if reviews are to be believed - although £70 more expensive.

Two things you need to look for in a monitor:

1. Make sure the screen is IPS based. This is extremely important. 

2. Make sure it is either a Matte Screen or has a Matte coating. 

That's it.

Dell, HP, NEC and Eizo make great monitors. I'd avoid Samsungs. While their displays are decent, they are a real pain in the arse to get calibrated. Like you'll need Tequila and a bottle of aspirin after trying to calibrate a Samsung. :)

Last year's models are fine. (The ones on Damien's list.) You might just have to hunt for them. This is the problem with What to Buy lists, they need to be maintained. 

Thank you both so much! I've had enough trouble with my laptop calibration to go out and buy a Samsung after what you've said! Gave up on the laptop a long time ago - dog's dinner and nearly took a hammer to it! Now just edit on the monitor. 

Appreciate all your help. 

Julie