Hello,

I've used the same method to batch for years and all of a sudden having a problem.  In Bridge, I go to Tools-Photoshop-Image Processor. It used to open one file, run the action, then close it and start another image. Now, it never closes the images so I have a gazillion images open in PS and it's slowing it down immensely. Any idea what I could have done to cause this change?

The problem is likely the action, or the images, not Image Processor.

First question - have you modified the action in any way, that you know of?

Second question - have you tried running a batch of older images that you know have worked ok in the past?

Ok, try putting it at 100, and seeing if it makes any difference.

IMPORTANT:  Even at 100, there will still be a limit to how many images you can batch at once.

ALSO IMPORTANT:  Don't take it higher than 100, unless you have a VERY powerful computer.

Yes I was trying to convert to Black and white and save as a jpg.  But after you said to change to 100, I just selected save as jpg on 4 images to see if it fixed it. As per your suggestion above, I went to some older files and tried to run a long, many layer action, and it worked just fine on the 6 new files I tried. Seems the problem is with the current files. I just don't know how to fix it. I have had this problem off and on in the past and just went through each file and did the saves manually. But a wedding ....UGH.

The files that I pulled up as per your suggestion were RAW images and from an old vacation, The ones that don't work are PSD's with only a couple of layers on up as well as just the RAW of the same set. I tried it on all of them and what ever I ask the processor to do, it works for the first image and then keeps the other files open in Photoshop. As I was trying to find a solution vai Mr. Google I came across a thread that suggested that there are problems when you have multiple files with the same name or some such saved to the same file. The trouble files are not saved to the exact same file but I do have versions saved in subfolders of the original file. So I tried moving four of my trouble files to a different drive and the image processor works. I will see if I can find the thread I read and I'll post the link here. 

It was here:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2062787

Edited by MissusJay