Damien I took a few picks over the weekend,  lots of haze around.  Did the normal slider and sharpness lelvels first.  Tried the degree,  not sure what it gives or takes away in photoshop... Too much leaves black blown out for example.. 

Is there a best time to use our maybe a different option? 

Apologies, when you have finished within raw editing with the Basic Sliders, then Detail for noise and Sharpening - you can also also use FX to control to use DE-HAZE - some of the images have a lot of haze being sunny, high up over the Halls Gap in VIctoria - attached JPG as shot - the RAW file is huge 42mb but gives you an idea.   I have not edited as yet so it really is as shot.  But wanted to know how best to address haze within images.  There are plenty of tools, recent additions to lightroom - being new to photoshop I found the option - but....De-Haze seems to impact other other areas also....which I haven't quite figured out what yet, compared to some other click and forget de-haze tools.

20160312_1365_MMCD.JPG

You can definitely give de-haze a shot.  You seem to already be doing exactly what I would have advised:

1. Do it after the other adjustments; and
  2. Make sure you watch its effect on the whole photo, don't be myopic about it.

If you're not happy with its effect on the whole photo, that's ok, don't worry about the haze in raw.  Take it to Photoshop and fix it there (which you'll learn in the Levels Class).

Thanks Damien...it does impact the basic sliders a bit so it would be subtle.  The ones I have used in the past are click and forget.... Looks great but I have no idea what was changed.