Uh oh.... Now what?

Hi Brian!

I haven't visited in a while because I was saving up for a new editing computer, which I finally got!  Yay!  I was so excited to get it all set up and finally get moving along again, until.....

I noticed there is no disc drive.  I recently purchased PSE15 specifically to run with this new machine, but it's the actual disc version.  All my other gadgets (Wacom tablet, Spyder), I was able to find drivers online to get them up and working.  But I don't think that's how software works.  Am I going to have to purchase a download of this program?  Or is there a download code inside the package?  I haven't opened it for fear of not being able to return it once I do. 

Also....no card reader.  I'd love a good recc there too.

Thanks so much! :)

*attached screenshot is my new toy.  This thing FLIES.  Especially compared to my ancient laptop.

received_10212821733684016.jpeg

Discs are sooo early 2000's. LOL!! Everything is streaming or downloading files. Hopefully you have decent internet. Here is the downloads page for PSE:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

As for a Card Reader, I usually recommend this one. Just make sure you use a "Blue" USB 3.0 Port to get the best performance. 

Here is a tip with you new computer:

Be careful what you store on the C: Drive. You won't be able to store much, maybe just Windows and PSE and a few other odd & ends. The bulk of your software / data files should be put on the 1TB D: drive. So you can't use the easy / default way to install stuff. You will have to click "Custom" during installs and make sure things go on  the 1TB D: drive. No more next-next-next-next...ok...agree..nextnextnext...finish for you. You WILL have to be ANAL on what is installed on the C: Drive. Yes, I know SSD is fast, but you'd be surprised on just how quickly 256GB gets eaten up by stuff.

Have fun with your new toy.

Thank you so much for replying.  Sorry I haven't responded.  Got bogged down with life stuff and had to put all this install stuff on hold for a bit.  But, I'm back!  Ha!
Anyhoo......
The OS (Win10) came pre-installed on C.  I put PSE on C.  That's all I want on there.  However, when I tried to install my calibrator (SpyderPro4), it went to C also.  I've tried to figure out how to change it to D, but must be missing a step somewhere.  Any suggestions there?  I didn't see the "Custom" option during the Wizard, probably because I had to dL the program from DataColor website.  I know I have the DataColor disc somewhere, but haven't been able to lay hands on it yet.  Should I stress about having my Spyder on C?
Thanks again! :)

The Spyder Software doesn't take up that much room, so it shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. As for software installation, it varies. Sometimes it's labeled as "Custom / Customized," other times it's "Advanced" or a similar term.