REMOVE DIRT FROM BOTTOM OF BARE FOOT

amy weir

Help! This is a common problem when photographing dancers in bare feet (even indoors). Please help me to know the best way to deal with it. Many thanks in advance!! :) 

RGP_2941 copy_700X700.jpg

RGP_2941_SOOC.jpg

How am I doing? should I be keeping the blend mode at normal? I've been using a round/soft/10% brush and at times zooming in to mask just a few pixels at a time. :/ 

RGP_2941 copy 2_700X700.jpg

Thank you! Will it start looking 'flat' if I take it too far? I don't really know when to stop. Also, side note ... (and probably a silly question) ... how did you come up with the numbers? Experience, right?! And why did you choose a levels layer vs a curves or something else. 

14 minutes ago, amy weir said:

Thank you! Will it start looking 'flat' if I take it too far? I don't really know when to stop.

Yes, I fear that will be a difficult decision to make.  Yes, it will look flat, so stop before that.  I think you'll need to be careful on the toes, and the part of the foot closer to the toes - that will start to look flat first.  On the heel, you should be able to go more aggressively.

15 minutes ago, amy weir said:

Also, side note ... (and probably a silly question) ... how did you come up with the numbers? Experience, right?!

Well, it was guesswork, but yes, with experience mixed in.

16 minutes ago, amy weir said:

And why did you choose a levels layer vs a curves or something else. 

Because Levels are always better than Curves.

It might also be possible to do it with the Handyman Method, but more time-consuming I expect.

• Like 1