Clone tool misbehaving AFTER reset

Are you talking about how sharply-defined your clone brush circles are?  Because it looks like that's just because your clone tool is set to 100% hardness now.

(Can you explain what you see as the problem, and also post a screenshot of your entire PS window while this issue is happening?)

No, it's copying the boys legs onto the right hand side instead of the rocks that were selected by the boys candles, the more I click up it just stamps in his legs ect, the hardness was just me playing with it to try to get it to stop, it did it when hardness was 0

On the rocks at the left of the boys feet, when I hover the mouse over somewhere to click it shows different parts of the boys body underneath, if I'm level with his shoulders, it shows his shoulders ect

just taking a screen shot now

Basic question: you know that the clone tool sample moves as you move, right?  So when you sample from the rocks to the left of the boy's feet, and then click your first click to clone, it will sample from where you option-clicked, and then will continue sampling in the direction you move as you click to clone.  So the little plus sign that moves as you clone shows you where it's sampling from as you move.  This, of course, is why you have to resample continuously as you clone.

(Forgive me if you already knew that -- just wanted to make sure!)

• Like 1