Calibration

OK so I really calibrated lowering brightness to 70% and cooling to 10000k. Deff better but the skin tones are still pink. 

I have attached a pic of both screens jn one pic and then of a print next to each screen (the print looks green on the phone pic...jn real it deff has more pink jn it but nowhere near as much as the desktop screen) the print is more similar to laptop 

IMG_2656.JPG

IMG_2660.JPG

IMG_2661.JPG

Im trying to look at other pictures, its very hard to say but i think the problem of the pink is basically in the skintones more than anything else. what i do notice and have a problem is that blues greens and yellows are stronger and brighter on screen than on print - print is a bit deeper and duller. (That might be a whole separate issue or is it the same thing...)

OK I will go through hhw soft proofing process - I think I will wait for that when I start with a UK lab in a few weeks.

Besides for that, if the laptop screen looks better than the desktop screen, is that still a soft proofing issue??? 

Im in the display control panel but im still not sure what i'm checking. theres a bit red rectangle with a 1 in it. Then it tells me the resolutions which is the recommended one. and then the colour settings.

How do i see what my screen is set to?