Results of monitor calibration

I've completed the monitor calibration and I am attaching a screenshot of the end result.  Seeing that your tutorial is referencing 6500K as the goal, I'm alarmed with my result of 17,316 K. I'm not sure what exactly that means, and what I need to do next.  This is the second time I ran it. 

image.thumb.png.966470fd60b2b525298a9768b30a2c78.png

53 minutes ago, Erin Wilson Beane said:

My screen looks a little better than the prints.

No.  You must purge this way of thinking from your mind.  If your screen looks any different from your prints, it's BAD.

Have you read all the way down the instructions to the troubleshooting part?

Yes.  I tried the RGB and had to adjust the blue.  R100 G100 B71.  That's a big difference for blue, since you said they should be within 10% of each other.  Still came out with the exact same number as before (12, 531K.) Seems like there should have been some kind of change.  I've been looking at monitors and saw the Dell U2412 M you recommend was also recommended on another site, as well as the Asus 24".  The Dell is now 169.99 on Amazon, thinking I will just go ahead and buy it.  (Through your link, of course.  )  I've had this monitor a good while, can't remember when my husband purchased it for me.

Sorry, another question.  I have the new monitor and the initial reading was 7368K.  It wasn't as warm as the prints, so chose D65 for the second calibration and it now reads 6515K.  I may go to the colors because my prints still have more red in the skintones, like they did on my old monitor.  My issue is that I know I'm supposed to get the screen to look just like the prints, but I've been liking what's on the screens better.  I think the prints are too warm and pink.  I keep thinking that I need to have prints after the calibration to compare and I'm not understanding why it's ok to use prints I already have.  I think if I can understand the rationale behind it, that will help me.  I think I'm not mentally connecting things correctly.

1 hour ago, Erin Wilson Beane said:

I keep thinking that I need to have prints after the calibration to compare and I'm not understanding why it's ok to use prints I already have.

Because your lab don't change the way they print just because you got a new screen!  Can you imagine having to call the lab to tell them to print differently because you have a new screen?  Can you imagine EVERY photographer calling the lab to tell them to print differently?  Of course that's impossible.