white balance sheet - digital printer

I have at long last got round to preparing a white balance sheet.  Trouble is, I don't know anyone with a laser printer.   I found a commercial printer who told me they only use digital printers (whatever they are).  I went ahead because it wasn't a lot of money, but now I see that the white balance sheet should be printed using black ink only.  Is that relevant to a digital printer?  Will the sheets produced by a digital printer be ok?  Also, the paper they have used is slightly glossy.  Is that a problem?  Do I need to start again?

• Like 1

Yes, although I'm less certain about that.  I'm fairly sure I don't see any colour.  Trouble is, the grey is not completely smooth in any one section - it looks smooth overall in any one section, but on looking closely there seem to be tiny local variations - perhaps in how the ink has spread into the paper from the tiny dots?

• Like 1

Glad I phoned the printer.  Turned out they had used a colour printer with colour inks.  They have reprinted on their black and white printer using black ink only.  Plus its now on matt paper.  All good!

• Like 1