Calibrating a laptop

Hi

I just calibrated my laptop in my new flat and the results when compared to my prints look very similar.

I'm wondering i it makes sense even though the calibration results show warmer than you mention in the tutorial and the luminance much less than the target.

I have attached screenshots of my results.comparsion.JPG.16c3844cf03c92ec1eb45c76c09381da.JPGlines.thumb.JPG.5a086077f19104702a18ed3f53b747ab.JPG

i think the lighting is quite dim actually. and quite yellow. i cant see printed print very well at all but as much as i can see they look fine next to the screen.

I saw somewhere you mention to change light bulbs. could you possibly explain what i should get? Hope my husband wont go mad with me for changing the whole room of bulbs! its 12 bulbs!

Thanks - read it!

Now sorry to sound stupid but what exactly should i ask the store adviser? That i need the lighting in my room to be around 4000-4200 k? 

i need all 12 light fittings to have a bulb so i imagine i need weak bulbs because its so many????

And ill have to borrow a tape measure to measure my room.

Sorry for sounding so clueless.

No i haven't. 

2 bulbs had gone which we just replaced with bulbs that the landlord left in the cupboard (on the box it says 40W) These  two new bulbs are not exactly the same as the other ones, maybe a bit more white than the others but im assuming theyre about the same... or do u want me to take one out and check? 

Thanks so much

Happens to be I didn't turn off cuz it  said in instructions that u don't have to but u shud N it is anyway not so bright so I didn't bother! 

In my old apartment I always turned it off! This time I did not! 

I can redo it it tomo with lights off but I prob still need to change bulbs so besides redoing it with lights out, what bulbs am I buying? 

Sorry for driving  you crazy! Thanks 

Edited by Perli halpern

Just now, Perli halpern said:

Happens to be I didn't turn off cuz it  said in instructions that u don't have to but u shud N it is anyway not so bright so I didn't bother!

Again, this statement points to the bigger problem.  You definitely need a brighter room for your editing.  So maybe you need to see if there are 100W bulbs available for your fittings?

Oh woops you replied so quickly N I added to my comment in the mean time! Sorry! 

If I could get 100W is that gona be fine? N if I can't get, what shud I get? I don't want to be stuck in the shop not knowing what I'm buying because I'm clueless!?!