HELP REQUIRED

Hi Damien 

I tried asking my lab again but he still didn't understand what I want ....!

I spoke to a professional  photographer that used to work in Israel and now works  in the uk  she told me that she used the same lab as he is the best , she also tried asking him for the printers file and he didn't give it to her she said that in Israel the labs just don't know what it is .

so now I think my only options is to buy a screen isn't it ?

I wanted to know about the following screen for my computer is it a good screen ? 

Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24 inch LCD TFT Monitor (16:10, 1920x1200, 300 cd/m2)

As I have someone coming from ENGLAND and he can bring it for me ...!

Thank you very very much !

Miriam

On 3/12/2018 at 7:29 AM, Miriam H said:

Ok I will write again so it should be clear for as !

After trying to fin my coloring I decided to sit with the boss of the lab , I asked him what he does with  all the photographers...  

he gave me a picture that has meany colors in it ( I think almost all ) in print and on my computer so that I can check the difference in coloring .

I check and I can see that all the coloring is a bot different but the big different is the color GREEN and YELLOW the color green in print is like dark green and on my screen the coloring is lighter and the green is more like turquoise - green .

I attached the picture my lab gave me so that you can see also the picture on the right ( the picture of the blue sky and the grass ) - in that picture my coloring is quit a bit different the grass on my screen is more yellow .

About the soft-proofing I could not do it till now as I dint find my labs profile - my labs profile is Kodak NORITSU s/n 40100228

Thank you very very very much 

All the best - Miriam 

12 (5).jpg

Remember this?  You said the yellow and green don't print like they appear on your screen in this image, isn't that right?

yes , that's right in print the green is much darker... 

so do you mean to say that the screen wont help my problem ??? then what will it help for ??

or what will help for my coloring ?? I really feel like I I'm going mad !! as I have been trying to fix this problem for months and I can print my work :(

49 minutes ago, Miriam H said:

yes , that's right in print the green is much darker...

That's right.  And that's because the green on your screen is unprintable.  It's simply brighter than ink can reproduce.

That Dell Ultrasharp screen is excellent.  You'll love having more space to work on.  If you can get it for a good price, go for it, you'll like it.

But it won't help the way your greens print.  Only a soft-proofing profile can do that.

ok I'ts better if I know the truth isn't it :)

I wounder what all the other photographers do ?!?!?!

Is there anything I could change on my calibrating ??  - when is better to calibrate in the dark or in the light ?? maybe I can make the brightness less ??

Thank's again for all you're help I really appreciate it  !!!

Thank you 

Miriam

6 minutes ago, Miriam H said:

Is there anything I could change on my calibrating ??  - when is better to calibrate in the dark or in the light ?? maybe I can make the brightness less ??

Calibrating should be done in dim light for best results, but it doesn't have to be pitch black.  But of course the editing, and comparison to prints, must be done in good bright light.  This is all explained in my calibration instructions, so you've read it all already.

2 minutes ago, Miriam H said:

also my screen after calibrating looks a bit " sandy " and "dusty " why is that ?

Hmmm ... can you explain this a bit further?

Yes sure I can ,

basically I went to try and work on a different computer and that's when I realized what funny coloring my screen is ... my screen looks very dusty like a bit foggy - the white is more pinky 

Hi Damien 

How was you're weekend I really hope you had a nice and relaxing time ...... I'm so happy for you that you had a holiday !

so now about my situation .... I got the screen and  and I wanted to ask you how I need to calibrate now what are the settings ?

about my coloring I reprinted some pics today and the coloring is mach  better but still not perfect all I did was I add more blue to my pics......

Damien I know that you are 100% right  and all I need is the profile from the printer but what should I do that I cant get it ! the lab is really nice and he is really trying to help me (even when he does not need me as I mentioned before that he is one of the biggest labs here in Israel )

I don't knew if he really doesn't knew or if they just dong give it here ??? so maybe there is something that I can still do ??? is there a way that I look it up myself ?? or is there a way I can explain the lab better what I need ? or will I just have to face t that my coloring isn't perfect ????!!!!

Thank you so so much for all you're time and all you're help 

Thank you Miriam

also I tried asking more labs and they all didn't knew what I meant or they just said NO!!!

about my coloring I reprinted some pics today and the coloring is  better but still not perfect ( the green is not the same )ll I did was I add more blue to my pics......

Damien I know that you are 100% right  and all I need is the profile from the printer but what should I do that I cant get it ! the lab is really nice and he is really trying to help me (even when he does not need me as I mentioned before that he is one of the biggest labs here in Israel )

I don't knew if he really doesn't knew or if they just dong give it here ??? so maybe there is something that I can still do ??? is there a way that I look it up myself ?? or is there a way I can explain the lab better what I need ? or will I just have to face - that my coloring isn't perfect ????!!!!