Batch processing

I am trying to improve my workflow and need help understanding the diff between file/automate/batch and file/scripts/image processor.

I am mainly trying to do this for my save functions.

Example:  After I edit and I want to save all of my files without individually clicking save on each one.  If I use file/scripts/image processor, it will do it, but the open files remain as .CR2 and it saves the PSD files.  I am just curious if I am doing something wrong. 

No, that's exactly right.  That's how Image Processor works.  It always saves copies.  This is functionality that I find REALLY useful when saving output jpegs (as you know from this video).  But I agree it's a bit clumsy if saving initially-edited PSDs.

You want to know the absolute easiest way?  Just hit Ctrl Alt W (or go to File>Close All).  This will immediately bring up a message that says "File has not been saved, do you want to save it now?"  Make sure you check the "Apply to all" box before hitting "Yes", and then it will go through and quickly save them.

• Like 1

Thank you!  I am trying to find easier ways when I am quickly editing everyday photos and want to involve batch processing when at all possible.  My goal for January is to actually submit my prints for the sharpening class and get access to that bonus module.  I am sure there are tips in there too!  As always THANK YOU and enjoy your holidays!

On 12/27/2017 at 9:04 AM, Damien Symonds said:

You want to know the absolute easiest way?  Just hit Ctrl Alt W (or go to File>Close All).  This will immediately bring up a message that says "File has not been saved, do you want to save it now?"  Make sure you check the "Apply to all" box before hitting "Yes", and then it will go through and quickly save them.

Did you ever try this?