Grain in photoshop but not ACR

Hi there, I'm wondering how come in my ACR my image looks perfect but when I "open" the image into CS6 it's ridiculously grain-y even after doing "noise reduction" in ACR . I never had this problem in older versions of Photoshop.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Thanks for the tip- changing now.

I have a PC desktop running Windows 10 and Photoshop CS6. It is over 2 years old, and has 4GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 398GB free out of 2000GB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I rarely run a cleanup program.

crop.jpg

Thanks.  Now could you zoom in to 100% on the file in ACR, and take a screenshot to show me how it differs there?

16 minutes ago, KK2016 said:

I have a PC desktop running Windows 10 and Photoshop CS6. It is over 2 years old, and has 4GB of RAM

This is only half of the recommended minimum RAM for CS6.  You're likely to have problems.

Two great points- I didn't even consider the RAM space needed for CS6 (thank you!) and now that I'm zooming up into ACR I'm thinking wow I guess not much difference?

cropACR.jpg

We need to be very clear about this ...

6 minutes ago, KK2016 said:

not much difference?

... or no difference at all?

It's most likely that they're identical between ACR and PS when both are viewed at 100%.  But I need you to confirm that before we move on to the next part of the discussion.

Actually I do use noise removal (in ACR) religiously but with this set of images something was really wrong. I did notice that my "sharpening" was turned way up. That made a difference obviously in the overexaggerated grain in PS.  It's definitely better now that I turned the sharpening down and noise removal up. There is still grain in the PS image though, but I did shoot at 2500 ISO. It looks a lot better though.