Clicking on thumbnail in Bridge opens immediately to ACR.

I have a PC laptop running Windows 10 and Photoshop cc2018. It is under 2 years old, and has 16GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 206GB free out of 371GB. The last time I shut down was just before posting this thread. I rarely run a cleanup program.  For two days now when I preview photos in Bridge and click on the thumbnail, the photo immediately opens to raw.  I have tried restarting several times.  This happens even if I click on the JPG thumbnail and not just theCR2.  I am not double clicking!  I usually open by right clicking and choosing open in camera raw.  This is so annoying and time consuming as i am not able to see the photo and check for focus etc. before it opens in CR2.

I am noticing that the whole system is very sensitive and "jumpy".  I know that is not a very good explanation but i don't know how else to say it.  When working in a folder on an EHD, I will click on a file in the folder and it jumps to another folder.  Very weird!  I use a mouse.  I am working on a monitor and not the laptop itself.

I was just trying to upload photos to the premium member site and I clicked on one photo and it immediately uploaded before I could click on the other two.  That is what I mean by "jumpy"  It has a mind of its own!