Scanner12

Skip video and jump to next slide >>

Opening a folder

If you right-click a block then choose “Open” ...

scanner14.thumb.png.35328003edc44ab82c4eb9d6ec27d220.png

... it will go to that exact folder in Windows itself:

scanner15.thumb.png.e12695c2fc920e290cd877f035ec0894.png

This is probably the most useful function in the whole program. In Scanner you identify big folders, then you can quickly jump to the folder to closely examine its contents. In this example, I would be able to arrange the folder’s contents by their date of creation, and delete all of them that are older than six months, or whatever timeframe I decided.

Then, when I returned to Scanner, I would hit the “Rescan” button to see the block reduce in size.

Watch me demonstrate Scanner >>

I found this to be so informative and helpful. I do have one question. I have attached an image of what it reported on my C drive. It says the cache is full. Is this bad and how do I fix it? I see the circled line above that says don't delete.

Thanks a bunch! 

Scanner 2.jpg

Edited by Bekkie
adding information
5 hours ago, Bekkie said:

I found this to be so informative and helpful. I do have one question. I have attached an image of what it reported on my C drive. It says the cache is full. Is this bad and how do I fix it? I see the circled line above that says don't delete.

Lol, no, it's not saying your cache is full. That's just the name of the folder - it's called "Full".  It means that that folder contains the full-resolution preview files.

I explain this all in the Bridge Class.  It's only $10, and packed full of useful info, I hope you'll consider it.

2 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Lol, no, it's not saying your cache is full. That's just the name of the folder - it's called "Full".  It means that that folder contains the full-resolution preview files.

I explain this all in the Bridge Class.  It's only $10, and packed full of useful info, I hope you'll consider it.

Thanks Damien. I thought I took the bridge class but I could be wrong. Perhaps this old lady's brain isn't working as well as it once was.