Colour cast

EB Photography

Hi Damien

Is there somewhere I can learn how to fix a colour cast please? For example adding blue to correct yellows? or explains the colour wheel etc? Teaching which colour (or mis of colours) to add in different situations? I can't seem to grasp it, and it's probably so simple!

Thank you.

This image has had RAW and levels edit (and straightened the horizon because it really bothers me). I've included the RAW edit as it may help. I sampled several areas of the girl's dresses to obtain white balance. There is an awful cast do you think? My attempts have failed, I hope you can help! Thank you. 

DSC_3711 colour cast help 1.jpg

DSC_3711 RAW edit.jpg

Hmm I dont know how I want it to look specifically, I just didnt like the strange light look (that I thought was the result of a colour cast). Does that make sense? I was hoping to improve it. I can see if I can find a photo that I wish the colour to look like still though if you think I should. 

P.S. I don't usually crop first, I have read through that link a long time ago.  I should have known better not to do it on one of your threads!! 

ha ha. I actually assumed you used a cooling filter. Actually I'm looking at your selection process. Have you selected the people, copied that into a new photo filter layer, then somehow used the gradient tool? Or did you just apply the cooling filter and mask it off the people and top of the sky? (Sorry if it's a dumb question! But it looks like two steps on the one layer so I am curious). Thank you. 

Mask it to the whole photo (except the people) using the brush tool first.  Once that is perfect, then do the gradients top and bottom.  For heaven's sake make sure your gradient tool is set to "Foreground to Transparent" in the options bar, not "Foreground to background".