Girl on green background

Trudy

I am struggling to even mask the legs as the reflection is so strong its hard to see where the legs end! 

That said, I am just practicing with lights and editing and there is clearly all kinds of wrong going on here so if it isn't worth your time don't worry - I will redo on a different background (on this day it was the green or a dirty garage roll-a-door :-0

greenlegs2.jpg

The other thread you linked was very specific, because that poster actually needed the subjects extracted.  But that's very rare.  Most people only need to change the background colour, or swap another background in.

So, tell me about your circumstances.  What's your end goal with these photos?

I want to do a series of portraits of my family and friends (for our walls) using something like the setup in pic; I want to change the background - predominantly the colour but also preserving or mimicking the variation in light to give depth. I have one person with almost white hair, a couple of dirty blondes and some almost black hair - I can use an off white/creamy coloured wall, otherwise a white sheet, or this hideous green monster! I am still deciding between all white backgrounds (my preference) or coloured (different colour for each person, everyone else's! - see palette attached :-*)

colours.jpg

I most certainly did; I had no other option at the time but fortunately I can redo them. 

Figuring this edit out is just for practice and learning really, and in case i bugger it up in a similar way next time!

Edited by Trudy

I have signed up for RAW class again, will calibrate every time until i start getting it right, and booked in for an eye test as I have 3 colour blind (blue/purple) kids and didn't realise I could be too...

Can we come back to this when I get all that right? 

Thanks for your patience/persistence! 

• Like 1