Help with website tutorial

As I said, I hope you will take the Raw Class so I can improve your work, but this will do for now.

Obviously the hair is the only tricky part here.  So you'd select each little area (don't attempt this until you've read the Levels Class) then add a Levels layer and use the white eyedropper on the background just beside the hair to drop it to white.

Download PSD

After that, it's a simple matter of adding a white Solid Color layer and masking it around the rest of him.  Of course this will take a little time, but as long as you use the Shift Key in the correct manner, it won't be burdensome.  The only fiddly part is at the end of the tassles.  Unfortunately there's no shortcut for that, it'll just have to be painstaking masking.

4 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

As I said, I hope you will take the Raw Class so I can improve your work, but this will do for now.

Obviously the hair is the only tricky part here.  So you'd select each little area (don't attempt this until you've read the Levels Class) then add a Levels layer and use the white eyedropper on the background just beside the hair to drop it to white.

Download PSD

After that, it's a simple matter of adding a white Solid Color layer and masking it around the rest of him.  Of course this will take a little time, but as long as you use the Shift Key in the correct manner, it won't be burdensome.  The only fiddly part is at the end of the tassles.  Unfortunately there's no shortcut for that, it'll just have to be painstaking masking.

Thanks for the PSD but I'm sure confused.

Original image on background layer.

4 levels layers ... all set to normal with no adjustments.
Level 4 clipped to level 3.

How does painting on the black mask with white brush
reveal white that is not on underlying layer ?

14 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

When you use the white eyedropper in Levels, it adjusts each of the three individual channels.

Take a look and you'll see what I mean.  Pull down the little "RGB" dropdown menu at the top of the Levels window, and examine each of the three channels.

Thanks for the explanation … can see it but don't quite understand it yet.

Have to take it step-by-step through the levels course.

How long do I have to go through levels course >