Sunflower RAW

HI D,

I've had my calibration go completey sidways on me. I ordered a prinit and it was way darker than my screen. SO, I started over with my original eval prints and got it pretty close. Ordered new eval prints and they are still darker, not a lot, but still darker. I have my brightness turned all the way down to zero. You'll probably refer me over to the calibration section, but I wanted to mention it here while posting. 

IMG_9663.jpg

I think they may have. Thought crossed my mind at least. I’m still with Bay Photo. When I first started with you, they were spot on. I guesss I’ll have to try others as there’s nowhere to go with brightness, since it’s at zero. 

Not great D. I adjusted the RGB sliders equally and it turned pink. I ran the calibration and it had be adjust those more, which helped the color, but also wanted me to bring the brightness way up, which obviously didn't help. After, I turned brightness back down to zero. I may be slightly better off than before, but still too bright. 

Hi D,

I’ve been a little depressed about this whole thing. Open windows didn’t help. I tried another lab and had almost identical results. I guess I can try a couple more labs, but I’m just not sure what else to do. 

Hi D,

Well, the old monitor is not an option. The wife thought it was trashed and got rid of it at the last electronic recylcle event. I've just tried yet another calibration and have a couple questions. I'd rather find out I'm an idiot and doing something wrong, than not be able to fix this.

So, when I choose "Standard Gamut" it always tells me halfway through that it appears to be "Wide Gamut" and do I can't to continue. When I start with  "Wide Gamut" it tells me it appears to be normal gamut. WTF?? The monitor, a Dell U2412M is supposed to be normal gamut. anyway....

When I choos normal, the white point target is 120, but I'm only at 29.9. When I choose wide, the target is 180 and I'm at 30.1. As discussed before, my brightness is all the way to zero. So, during the calibration process when it wants me to bring brightness up to target, I don't. Does this help us at all?

8 minutes ago, rswannabe said:

So, when I choose "Standard Gamut" it always tells me halfway through that it appears to be "Wide Gamut" and do I can't to continue. When I start with  "Wide Gamut" it tells me it appears to be normal gamut. WTF?? The monitor, a Dell U2412M is supposed to be normal gamut. anyway....

This is rather common with some screens, and it's very annoying, isn't it????  Yes, I think you've done the right thing choosing "normal".

10 minutes ago, rswannabe said:

So, during the calibration process when it wants me to bring brightness up to target, I don't. Does this help us at all?

Yes, this also seems like the right thing to do.

On 10/22/2018 at 1:24 AM, rswannabe said:

Open windows didn’t help.

Can you elaborate on this?  What did you try, exactly?

Of course. I turned all the lights on that are available to me and opened the curtains to all the windows including the ones closest to computer. The window blinds being open didn't make a noticable difference in the appearance of prints.